Crimes of Passion in Russian Literature (19-21 centuries)

Sara Stefani sara.stefani at YALE.EDU
Thu Nov 30 13:00:13 UTC 2006

Also for Zamyatin, see his "The Islanders" (Ostrovitjane). The same theme
appears in his short story "Alatyr'" although the rival isn't killed, but just
threatened. Same thing in "We" - D-503 doesn't kill anyone but he is so
overcome by jealousy and lust that he more or less tries to attack I-330.

ss