The Birch--A Reminder

Mark Krotov mk2455 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Oct 4 16:14:02 UTC 2006

To All Professors and Slavic Instructors:

The Birch, the first undergraduate publication in the nation devoted to
Eastern European and Eurasian culture, is still looking for submissions.
Deadlines are approaching, and we would like as many undergraduate
contributions as possible. Students can submit poems, fiction, photography,
literary criticism and current events articles related to Eurasian and
Eastern European culture.

Due dates for the next issue are as follows:

- Preliminary topic proposals for the culture and affairs sections must be
sent to the board for approval: *DUE OCTOBER 10

* - Literary criticism, poetry, prose, photography and creative non-fiction
submissions: *DUE OCTOBER 10

* - Final versions of culture and politics articles: *DUE OCTOBER 24*

We hope you will encourage your students to submit to the journal. Please
instruct them to contact us if they have any questions, and they can visit
our website at www.thebirchonline.org, where they can find more detailed
informaiton about the journal and read our first three issues. Thank you
very much.

Best regards,
Mark Krotov
Editor-In-Chief, *The Birch**