Articles setabout (corrected)

Fri Oct 27 14:34:35 UTC 2006

Josh Wilson wrote:

> Konstantin,
>
> With all due respect, your translation has many more problems than just
> "article setabout."  You also have spelling errors, several questionable
> word choices and oddly constructed sentences, and Russian punctuation
> overlaid on English text.
>
> What you need to do, if you want to produce a good translation, is to hire a
> native English speaker to proofread this. To find an agency that can do this
> simply type "English proofreading" into Yandex or Google - or perhaps
> someone else from the list can recommend someone specifically to help you.

Agreed. And though the word "proofread" is commonly abused this way in
our field, the proper term for what he needs is an "editor." A
proofreader properly focuses on very superficial and technical errors
such as spelling and punctuation, and does not delve into word choices
or recasting of sentences.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com