query re Yevtushenko and Barlas

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Sep 5 21:48:06 UTC 2006

The following query was posted on a different list:

Yevgeny Yevtushkenko
I have a copy of Yevtushkenko's  "A Autobiography'  by Penquin Books. On
pages, 64-68, he mentions his friend, Volodya BARLAS, a physicist.They were
talking in  Moscow  in 1949 with another man, named Tarasov..  Apparently,
Barlas helped Yevtushkenko discover western writers by lending him his
books.
Can anyone give me any information about Volodya Barlas? His birthplace,
where he died? Anything? All the Barlas families are related to me,
originating in Brest Litovsk..

Thanks , answer me privately.
Joyce Oshrin
joshrin at att.net ---

Perhaps a SEELANGer can answer her question.  Thank you.
Jules Levin