Heart of a Dog

Anna Chilewska annac at UALBERTA.CA
Wed Sep 6 01:14:24 UTC 2006

Dear Yelena,
I am hoping to introduce some contemporary themes with "Heart of a
dog". So much has been done with the book and it seems that all
discussions are always geared towards the political and the social. I
was thinking that in addition to the already mentioned and critiqued
themes, I will play around with the theme of animal rights.
Have you looked at the novel from such angle?
What topics did you students choose for their essays/papers about the novel?
Anna