Heart of a Dog

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Wed Sep 6 02:13:00 UTC 2006

Dear Anna,
I did not look at the work in terms of animal rights, but if you could email me off-list - yfurman at ucsd.edu - I can tell you in more detail - I'm not sure the entire list really wants to hear my take on the matter!
Best, Lena

________________________________

From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list on behalf of Anna Chilewska
Sent: Tue 9/5/2006 6:14 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Heart of a Dog

Dear Yelena,
I am hoping to introduce some contemporary themes with "Heart of a
dog". So much has been done with the book and it seems that all
discussions are always geared towards the political and the social. I
was thinking that in addition to the already mentioned and critiqued
themes, I will play around with the theme of animal rights.
Have you looked at the novel from such angle?
What topics did you students choose for their essays/papers about the novel?
Anna