Hamlet in Belarusian

James Mallinson rocketvmpr at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 10 20:13:50 UTC 2006

Hello!

I'm in the process of conceiving a piece of
performance art, and I'd like very much to use the "To
be or not to be" passage from Hamlet, Act III scene 1
in the Belarusian language.  Might anyone know where I
might be able to find a copy of this text, and,
barring any commercial possibilities, to send me a
copy by mail?
What dramatic text better speaks to the future of
Belarusian cultural identity and political
independence than this passage, I wonder?  "To be, or
not to be,... Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to
suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or
to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by
opposing end them?"  If anyone has any other dramatic
texts in mind (in any language) which speak to the
Belarusian condition, I would appreciate your
contributions.
Thank you for your attention!

James