index of Russian towns

Brewer, Michael brewerm at U.LIBRARY.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue Sep 19 21:00:41 UTC 2006

If your library subscribes to the Columbia Gazetteer of the world, you can use that (a pay database).  For older villages, however, you may have to use the old print US Board of Geographic Names for the Soviet Union.

mb

________________________________

From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list on behalf of Sarah Hurst
Sent: Tue 9/19/2006 1:45 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] index of Russian towns

Is there anywhere online where I can find a complete index of Russian towns
and villages? I have a couple of names of old Chukchi villages that I would
like to look up, and they're not included on the usual website where I check
the names of villages in Chukotka.

Thank you for any help the list members can provide,

Sarah Hurst