Katiusha question

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU
Wed Sep 27 16:14:19 UTC 2006

While there were many Jewish shtetls in Smolensk Province, the village of
Glotovka was hardly one of them. I think that the Jewish Daily Foreward
is confused by the fact that the poet's name sounds like Jewish. However,
it might be (and probably so) of some Polish origin (Isakowski). I am not
able to comment on the origin of this name in Polish.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at buffalo.edu>