Film Adaptation of Gogol's "Viy"

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Wed Apr 11 00:57:52 UTC 2007

Okay, enough kind people have written to me offline to inform me about the
1967 Soviet film of "Viy" that I feel obliged to draw everyone's attention
to the fact that the film I'm speaking about is Italian, filmed in 1960, and
named not "Viy" but "Bloody Sunday" (in US release) and "La Maschera del
Demonio" in the original Italian. I suppose I wasn't clear enough. I still
would like to hear from anyone who has seen this Italian film.

But also, thank you to those who wrote me with your opinions of the other
film!

Cheers,
David