Question about Silver Sword of Stalingrad

Renee Stillings renee at ALINGA.COM
Wed Apr 18 16:29:02 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGers:

I received this note this morning. If you have any information for this
fellow, please respond directly to him.

Thanks,
Renee

Name: Al Taylor
E-mail: alphatango at westnet.com.au

Comments from student: I do not wish to waste you time, but I have been
trying to trace the history of a Royal Air Force Squadron No 81 who flew
Hurricanes in Russia during WW2, The Squadron was awarded the Red Star of
Russia and I understand the Silver Sword of Stalingrad...I am trying to
establish that the Silver Sword was the Silver Sword of Stalingrad..Could
you please help me by advising me where to contact in Russia or Volograd to
confirm this .  I sincerely thank you very much for any assisyance you can
offer as I served on 81 Sqdn during 1955-58..thank you Al Taylor