Fathers and Sons translations

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Fri Apr 20 20:33:35 UTC 2007

I've used Richard Freeborn's (Oxford World Classics).
-Yelena Furman

________________________________

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list on behalf of lonny.harrison at UTORONTO.CA
Sent: Thu 4/19/2007 7:18 PM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Fathers and Sons translations

Dear SEELANGers,

A colleague who will be teaching Fathers and Sons in an English
department course has asked me to recommend a translation. Before
replying, I wanted to find out if anyone on this list had strong
feelings about the superiority of any particular translation. Your
comments and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Lonny Harrison
Acting Director of Russian Studies
Department of Modern Languages