Translation query

Soelve I. Curdts sicurdts at PRINCETON.EDU
Sun Apr 22 05:29:02 UTC 2007

Dear All,
	..for whatever it's worth, "the-ay-ter" came to my mind, too,
because of Liza's "I'll be off a second later and go straight to the
the-ay-ter"...
All best,
Soelve

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Braithwaite [mailto:kbtrans at COX.NET]
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: Translation query

Possibly the-AY-ter might work. In the prosto socioeconomic milieu of my
boyhood that's the way we pronounced it until Miss Fidditch corrected us in
the fifth grade, wielding her ruler across the knuckles. And there was a
semi-popular song about a burlesque show ("Take it off!") whose meter
required that pronunciation. Just a thought.

Mr Kim Braithwaite, Translator

"Good is better than Evil, because it's nicer" - Mammy Yokum (Al Capp)