Good short primary text(s) for reflections on the end of Soviet Union / culture?

Alyssa Dinega Gillespie gillespie.20 at ND.EDU
Thu Apr 26 16:05:45 UTC 2007

Hi Nicole,

In my freshman seminar on Russia I end with a couple of Pelevin
stories that illustrate the late-20c cataclysm in a symbolic way:
"The Life and Adventures of Shed Number XII" and "Vera Pavlovna's
Ninth Dream." A late Soviet or early Post-Soviet film, such as
Mamin's "Bakenbardy" or "Okno v Parizh," might also work.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Alyssa Gillespie
University of Notre Dame