University of Toronto 19th C Russian Advertisement

Fiona Gardiner slavic at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Aug 31 19:23:53 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I enclose an announcement of a position available in my department,
effective July 1, 2008.  I invite those interested to apply, and I would
be most grateful if you would draw it to the attention of qualified
candidates.

Borje Vahamaki
Acting Chair
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Toronto

19th CENTURY RUSSIAN LITERATURE

The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of
Toronto invites applications for a tenure-stream assistant professor
appointment in 19th Century Russian Literature beginning July 1, 2008.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

We seek candidates to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in 19th
Century Russian literature (both in Russian and in translation).
Excellent (native or near native) knowledge of Russian and English is
expected with ability and willingness to contribute to the language
teaching sequence when required.

The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. by the time of appointment.
The candidate must show promise or significant achievement in research
and publication in 19th Century Russian literature, and demonstrate
excellence in teaching. North American teaching experience is highly
desirable.  While all areas of specialization are eligible, scholars of
poetry, theatre, and Golden Age are particularly encouraged to apply.

Applicants are requested to send a letter detailing their research and
teaching interests, a curriculum vitae, a short writing sample, and
three confidential letters of recommendation to: Professor Börje
Vähämäki, Acting Chair, Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures,
Alumni Hall, 121 St. Joseph Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1J4. Completed
dossiers should be received in the department by November 15, 2007.

The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its
community. The University of Toronto especially welcomes applications
from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons
with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may
contribute to further diversification of ideas.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

--
Fiona Gardiner
Administrative Office
slavic at chass.utoronto.ca