Bogin's DVOE: titles, scripts, etc.

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Thu Dec 6 16:43:25 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues & Prof Alaniz:

Several things might be relevant here.

1.  The "SlavCin" {Slavic Cinema] list-server might bring forth the
exact reply you need!  Are you a subscriber and have posted your
question there?

2.  If the script of DVOE was ever published in Russia (in the Russ.
lang.), it probably would have appeared in the monthly thick journal
ISKUSSTVO KINO.  I assume that you've checked there, if you're
seeking the text in the original Russian?

3.  In the USA, Bogin's DVOE was shown theatrically under the title
"Ballad of Love" (not as "The Couple").

4.  Since the lead actress Viktoriia Fedorova (Victoria Fyodorova)
moved to the USA in the 1980s and sought acting jobs here (e.g.,
episodes of TV series), it's conceivable that she or her agent had
copies translated to English of the DVOE script, as part of Miss
Fyodorova's "portfolio."

5. I assume that Miss Fyodorova is still living (1946- = 61 years
old now); or did she pass away?  She might well have in her possession
some translated copies of the script, if anyone does.

6.  I know Miss Fydorova went back to Russia a few years ago when
her actress-mother Zoia Feodorova (Zoya Fyodorova) was mysteriously
murdered.  But did Miss Fyodorova remain there, in her Moscow
birthplace?  Or is she now back in the USA again?  If back, it should be
relatively easy to track her down here and ask about that script...

Good hunting,
Steven P Hill,
University of Illinois.