Rusins, Rusyns, Ruthenians?

Margarita Orlova margarita at RENT-A-MIND.COM
Thu Dec 13 00:49:14 UTC 2007

What I mean when quoting The Amer. Heritage Dictionary, is that Rusiny
is the Russian name for the people, Rusyny is the Ukrainian name for
the same people,
and the Ruthenians is the English name for the same people.
Should newcoming researchers multiply the entities needlessly?

To use "the Rusyns" instead "the Ruthenians" may imply the modern and
(volatile?) political presumption to support the Orange Revolution on
the Ukraine, may it?

Margarita