Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies, Issue 7

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Fri Dec 21 16:21:26 UTC 2007

Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies

The seventh issue of Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies,
offers three papers that explore comparisons and contrasts. "Russian
Orthodox and Roman Catholic Sacred Art" examines differences in motifs and
techniques historically used in art produced on the two sides of the great
schism. "The Geopolitics of Oil Pipelines in Central Asia" compares and
contrasts the foreign policies and proposed pipelines of four major
competitors for Central Asia's hydrocarbons. Lastly, "Religious Periodicals
and US-Soviet Relations" compares and contrasts how the Cold War was - or
wasn't - reflected in periodicals marketed to Catholics and Protestants in
the United States.

Vestnik can be seen in html here:
http://www.sras.org/vestnik_comparative_studies

or downloaded in pdf format here:
http://www.sras.org/files/textedit/vestnik_issue_vii.pdf?87495

Vestnik is a scholarly journal which publishes the best in undergraduate and
graduate research on any subject of relevance to that geographic region.
Vestnik was created by The School of Russian and Asian Studies in an effort
to effectively encourage the study of Russia and those states formerly a
part of the Soviet Union.

If you are a student who has written exceptional research this semester, we
encourage you to submit your work for consideration for Issue 8. Papers on
any subject related to Russia, Eastern Europe, or Central Asia will be
considered.

Sincerely,

Josh Wilson
Asst. Director, General Editor
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor-in-Chief Vestnik,
The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
www.sras.org
jwilson at sras.org

The School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS) represents universities and
educational programs across Russia and and Eurasia. Through our partnerships
with these organizations, we offer a wide range of educational and travel
programs designed to meet the needs of foreign students. We also offer
services for students to use in their research at home, from interviews with
local personalities to a new academic journal specially designed for
students. See our site for more information. Contact us with any questions.