Etymology of <bodun>

Bod Naruk bbodnaruk at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 26 19:10:44 UTC 2007

Hi, everyone,

“First-time caller, long-time listener.”

I’m trying to find some background on the Ukrainian terms used for
<<hangover>> (the disagreeable physical aftereffects of drinking in excess).
The closest term I came up with is the slang word <<bodun>> which I
understand which was borrowed from and is the same in Russian.

Can someone help me with its etymology? Other words for <<hangover>>
slang or proper would also be appreciated.

Happy holidays to everyone!

…6opuc