HA: [SEELANGS] La Comtesse de Segur in Russia

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Mon Feb 19 04:59:16 UTC 2007

These must be the first translations. I am one of those rare people
who grew up on her 20 volumes (actually -1, I did not like the
Mémoires d'un âne)  in Leningrad, and if those books existed in
Russian I would have known. There was also "Les enfants des
Tuileries" by her daughter, vicontesse de Pitray, and in that book
there was a character Madame de Gursay (I don't remember the
spelling, but it's the inversion of Ségur). There were other such
name inversions there, I think there was Mme de Trépis in Ségur,
which is Pitray.

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University
4400 Massachusetts Ave., NW