FWD: Evening of Russian Sacred Choral Music in New York March 13

Alexandra Smith Alexandra.Smith at ED.AC.UK
Sun Feb 25 22:46:15 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues,

The advert included in the Russia Johnson's List on 23.02.07 might be
of some interest to those of you who live or work in New York.

Best wishes,
Sasha Smith
==================

From: "Mike Averko" <mikeaverko at msn.com>
Subject: Evening of Russian Sacred Choral Music in New York March 13
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007

I was just notified of the following event which
might be of great interest to some of the JRL recipients:
------

Dear Friends,

We Would like to invite you to: The Evening of Russian Sacred Choral Music.

This Evening Of Russian Sacred Music will be the music experience you would
like to share with your family and friends.

The Choir of the Russian Orthodox Synod Cathedral of New York,
Russian Sacred Music

Tuesday,  March 13, at 7.30 p.m.
at the Concert Hall of the New York Society for Ethical Culture
(2 West 64th Street, corner of Central Park West).

The Choir, under the direction of Peter Fekula, will perform music
spanning the last two centuries, exploring various stylistic trends in Russian
sacred music, including harmonized chant settings and free compositions.

Tickets available at http://www.ticketweb.com/ phone 866-468-7619

or at:
http://www.ticketweb.com/user?region=nyc&query=schedule&venue=nysociety