problems with cyrillic o line when using a Mac

Giampaolo Gandolfo gianpaolo.gandolfo at FASTWEBNET.IT
Tue Jan 2 15:59:28 UTC 2007

I am using Linguist's Software for my Mac (OS X.4).
    But when I open one of the Cyrillic texts, for example, from the "Basic Electonic Library"  I have many problems.  For instance, often for older texts I get letter nonsense or I am missing the "jat'".  This is frustrating.  It seem to be a Mac problem (?)    How do I get the Cyrillic to be reproduced properly when I go on line?
    Thanks
                Giampaolo Gandolfo