problems with cyrillic o line when using a Mac

Benjamin Rifkin benjamin.rifkin at TEMPLE.EDU
Tue Jan 2 18:23:46 UTC 2007

Dear Giampolo and other Mac users:

Mac OS X has Cyrillic fonts built into it.  I suspect that your Linguists'
Software may not be loading Unicode compliant Cyrillic fonts.  When you are
using the Unicode fonts, you should have no trouble reading the websites.
See

http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/rusmac/

for more information.

I am not sure where the Jat is, however, in these standardized fonts.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin

On 1/2/07 10:59 AM, "Giampaolo Gandolfo" <gianpaolo.gandolfo at FASTWEBNET.IT>
wrote:

> I am using Linguist's Software for my Mac (OS X.4).
>     But when I open one of the Cyrillic texts, for example, from the "Basic
> Electonic Library"  I have many problems.  For instance, often for older texts
> I get letter nonsense or I am missing the "jat'".  This is frustrating.  It
> seem to be a Mac problem (?)    How do I get the Cyrillic to be reproduced
> properly when I go on line?
>     Thanks
>                 Giampaolo Gandolfo

Benjamin Rifkin
Professor of Russian and Vice Dean for Undergraduate Affairs
College of Liberal Arts, Temple University
1206 Anderson Hall, 1114 W. Berks St.
Philadelphia, PA 19122 USA
Voice 215-204-1816
Fax 215-204-3731