Victor Terras 1921-2006

Gerald Janecek gjanecek at UKY.EDU
Fri Jan 5 19:19:15 UTC 2007

We are deeply saddened by the news of Prof. Terras's passing,
especially since he was very helpful to SEEJ during the early years
of my tenure as editor.  I hope someone who is in a good position to
do so will compose an appreciation of Prof. Terras's career for
publication in the journal.

Gerald Janecek
Editor, SEEJ

On Dec 22, 2006, at 1:42 PM, John Schillinger wrote:

> 	With great sadness, I wish to inform the many SEELANGERS who knew
> him and his work, that Victor Terras died peacefully at his home in
> Chevy Chase, Maryland on December 17.   Victor was an inspiration
> to students and faculty alike, a highly respected scholar, and the
> best of colleagues.  Most of all, he was a friend whom I and many
> others will miss deeply.
>

> John Schillinger
> Emeritus Prof. of Russian
> American University