Khlebnikov's Prologue

Allison Elena N. Elena.Levintova at MONTEREY.ARMY.MIL
Wed Jan 10 16:56:07 UTC 2007

Evgeny: I would like to see your translation. Please include the original,
too. See my email address below -- please note two "A".
P.S. You should have included your own email address in the message.
Thanks,
Elena

Elena Allison
Elena at AAllison.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Evgeny Steiner
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 3:00 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Khlebnikov's Prologue

Dear SEELANGers,

As an unexpected and pleasant distraction from deciphering surimono I found
myself translating Khlebnikov's Prologue to The Victory over the Sun.
Curious to hear about the validity of the principles of this translation and
interested to gather opinions about my particular coinage, I'll be happy to
offer it to the judgement of all hominibus bonae voluntatis. I do not mind
to post it on the list, but since at least a half of the 2 pp. space is
occupied by footnotes (not properly convertible), it has to be sent as an
attachment to individual e-mail addresses.

Bud' slukhom (ushast) sozertsal'! I smotryaka.

Thank you,

Evgeny Steiner
Leverhulme Visiting Professor,
The University of Manchester