Khlebnikov's Prologue

Evgeny Steiner es77 at NYU.EDU
Tue Jan 9 22:59:59 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGers,

As an unexpected and pleasant distraction from deciphering surimono I
found myself translating Khlebnikov's Prologue to The Victory over the
Sun. Curious to hear about the validity of the principles of this
translation and interested to gather opinions about my particular
coinage, I'll be happy to offer it to the judgement of all hominibus
bonae voluntatis. I do not mind to post it on the list, but since at
least a half of the 2 pp. space is occupied by footnotes (not properly
convertible), it has to be sent as an attachment to individual e-mail
addresses.

Bud' slukhom (ushast) sozertsal'! I smotryaka.

Thank you,

Evgeny Steiner
Leverhulme Visiting Professor,
The University of Manchester