Sleeping Arrangements

Vladimir Shatsev shatsev at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 11 04:38:49 UTC 2007

Dear Ms. Orwin,
1.	I think that the various works of  fiction seem to differ on this point
because all the rules in Russia are subject to a lot of exceptions. Your
students can find some information about matrimonial relations and love
affairs in various editions of Yury Lotman’s  BIT RUSSKOGO
DVORIANSTVA.BESEDI O RUSSKOI KULTURE as well as in his Commentaries to
Evgeniy Onegin.
2.	Probably you remember me .I had written you a couple of letters last
Autumn with invitation to my lecture about War and Peace at Chapters and
also about samizdat at the Institute of Comparative Studies where I
substituted for Associate Professor Ann Komaromi .
Now I would like to invite you to  my lectures at Hart House, U  of T, where
I regularly teach members of Russian Students’ Association, poetry group,
every Sunday at 7 p.m. The next lecture will take place on Sunday, January
14th at Hart House. It will be about Mozart and Saliery: Fazil Iskander
version of events. If you, your students or colleagues will be interested in
this initiative of RSA and my lectures, please let me know. I will send you
the schedule of lectures .

Regards,

Vladimir Shatsev

Language and Drama Teacher