Russian Cellphone jargon

Vera Beljakova atacama at GLOBAL.CO.ZA
Sat Jan 13 19:15:44 UTC 2007

Dear Listers,
How do you say in Russian "give me a missed call".
In other words, Mr A. rings Mr B. on the cellphone,
but Mr. B. does not answer, in order to save money
for Mr. A.  However, Mr B. can see that Mr A. is trying to
contact him, and (graciously) returns the call at his own
expense.

Cellphone > in other countries: Mobile-, Hand- or Karmanyi
telefon.

I am asking on behalf of a South African student who wants
to tell his
Russian pals to give him a 'missed call'.

Thanks,
Dear Listers,
How do you say in Russian "give me a missed call".
In other words, Mr A. rings Mr B. on the cellphone,
but Mr. B. does not answered, in order to save money
for Mr. A.  However, Mr B. can see that Mr A. is trying to
contact him, and (graciously) returns the call at his own
expense.

Cellphone > in other countries: Mobile-, Hand- or Karmanyi
telefon.

I am asking on behalf of a South African student who wants
to tell his
Russian pals to give him a 'missed call'.

Thanks,

Vera Beljakova
Johannesburg
Vera Beljakova