hours-to-proficiency measure?

Katie Janicka kjanicka at BRYNMAWR.EDU
Sun Jan 14 01:51:45 UTC 2007

Annie,

In her book Teaching Language in Context, Alice Omaggio Hadley gives a
table (p. 26) of expected levels of speaking proficiency according to
length of instruction per language difficulty. The information has been
adapted from Judith E. Liskin-Gasparro. ETS Oral Proficiency Testing
Manual. Princeton, NJ.: ETS, 1982.

Regards,

Katie Janicka

Katie Janicka