politeness survey

Iryna Prykarpatska iradzeva at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 18 18:57:29 UTC 2007

Hi Joseph,

Thank you very much for your recommendations. I have been thinking for quite
a long time how to  construct this questionnaire in the respect of the
socio-demographic characteristics of the interlocutors and as well as the
most prototypical situations in which the polite speech acts, which I
research (greetings, complaints), occur . And I decided to make the majority
of the questions in the questionaire open-ended, thus giving the respondents
certain freedom in providing their own responses. After I collect the
empirical data and I see the most prototypical answers I will be able to
group and classify them and then make another questionnaire with multiple
answers. Let's see what I get.
By the way, how do you research politeness, in what language and what polite
speech acts?

Thank you
Best regards
Iryna

2007/1/18, Joseph Peschio <peschio at uwm.edu>:

> Hi Iryna,

I tried to take your survey (always glad to help - especially because