Current Prices

Josh Wilson jwilson at ALINGA.COM
Tue Jan 23 07:01:53 UTC 2007

This is quite true - the prices at any of these websites will be higher than
normal. If you are looking at a delivery service, they are likely to be much
higher than the average.

I encourage the students on our study abroad programs to shop at the rynoki
- not only do they get more language practice that way, but they get better
products for half the price... most of the folks who claim Moscow is so
fabulously expensive shop in these western-style stores. The folks who
survive in Moscow on $300 a month shop in the rynoki.

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at listserv.cuny.edu] On Behalf Of Vanchu, Anthony J.
(JSC-AH)[TTI]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 10:16 PM
To: SEELANGS at listserv.cuny.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Current Prices

You might also check out Ramstore:  http://www.ramstore.ru/  They also
have a flier that supposedly can be downloaded in .pdf file form.  I
wasn't able to on my first try and haven't had time to get back to it.

One thing comes to mind about the other two places mentioned, namely,
students should be made aware who among the Russian populace would be
most likely to shop in those stores.  Although it's been a while since
I've been to a Sed'moi kontinent store, during my previous visits I saw
only foreigners and rather well heeleed Russians; perhaps just a
coincidence, but worth noting.  The wares were certainly higher end.  On
the other hand, both websites are well organized and could be easily
used for web-based exercises.

My two cents.

Tony

Dr. Anthony J. Vanchu