Searching for participants of Orange Revolution

nataliek at UALBERTA.CA nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Sat Jan 27 21:59:58 UTC 2007

Quoting Diana Howansky <dhh2 at COLUMBIA.EDU>:

> A PhD student from New School University in New York, NY is interested
> in speaking to Ukrainians -- either in Ukraine or who arrived in the
> U.S. during the past 5 years -- with regard to her dissertation
> concerning the Orange Revolution, Technology, and Popular Culture. (Her
> research deals with, for example, the use of text messages in
> disseminating information during the Orange Revolution.) Those who
> participated in the Orange Revolution would be particularly helpful.
> For further information, please contact Christine Emeran at:
> emerc095 at newschool.edu.

I'm reply to the group since this might be of wider interest.  An
article on Folklore of the Orange Revolution by Britsyna and Holovakha
came out in Folklorica about a year ago.  Mostly it's about grafitti,
but there is discussion of text messaging.

Natalie Kononenko
Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography
University of Alberta
Modern Languages and Cultural Studies