urrgent-call for abstracts (talks) at AATSEEL Conference

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Wed Jul 18 02:50:00 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues:

Please consider submitting an abstract for a talk at the annual
national AATSEEL Meeting, scheduled for 12/28/07 (Fri.) -
12/30/07 (Sun.) in Chicago, Illinois, USA.   (AATSEEL = Amer.
Assoc. of Teachers of Slavic & E. European Langs. [& Lits.])
The December 2007 AATSEEL conference will take place
concurrently with the enormous MLA (Modern Lang. Assoc.)
Conference, also in Chicago.

The DEADLINE is Wed., Aug. 1, 2007, to submit an abstract
of 2 or 3 paragraphs, which can be submitted by E-Mail.

If I can find 3 or 4 like-minded individuals, I would like to
organize a specific panel on the topic of "RUSSIAN AND EAST
EUROPEAN EXPATRIATE CINEMA, THEATRE, AND PERFORMING
ARTS" i.e., everybody and every genre from Korda to
Konchalovsky, from Vorkapic to Voskovec,  and from Negri
to Negoda.  You name it.  This was the same "expatriate"
theme which we explored in recent panels at the AATSEEEL
Conferences in Washington DC and Philadelphia (twice).
Let us try to continue it this coming December.

If you would like to submit an abstract (2 or 3 paragraphs)
on the "Expatriate Cinema, Theatre, & Performing Arts" topic,
please contact my E-Mail address as soon as possible:
"S-HILL4 at UIUC.EDU"

Best wishes to all,
Steven P Hill,
University of Illinois.