Printing Cyrillic

Charlotte Douglas douglas at NYU.EDU
Wed Jul 18 14:20:31 UTC 2007

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.  In the end, this is one
thing that worked: I highlighted the text and chose "save as" under
file, then chose the unicode option (I had never noticed it before).
I had no trouble printing from the unicode text.

A couple of observations:  I am using Word 2004 for Mac, Version
11.3.5.  The procedure may be different for later iterations of Word
for Mac, and it certainly is for the Windows version.  And I found
two ways to set the Unicode choice, one is from the "Save As" menu,
and the other is in Preferences.  Preferences sets it as a default
for every time you choose Save As, the other method controls only
that particular document.

Thanks again!

Charlotte