BKYC KBACA

Vanchu, Anthony J. (JSC-AH)[TTI] anthony.j.vanchu at NASA.GOV
Wed Jul 25 13:03:28 UTC 2007

While I would agree that it's definitely in the same genre as kvas, I
find it quite a bit sweeter and thicker--and because of that, not nearly
as refreshing.  But maybe the recipe has changed since the last time I
tried it.

Tony

Dr. Anthony J. Vanchu
Director, JSC Language Education Center
TechTrans International, Inc.
NASA Johnson Space Center
Houston, TX
anthony.j.vanchu at nasa.gov
Phone:  (281) 483-0644
Fax:  (281) 483-4050

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of E Wayles Browne
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:01 PM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] BKYC KBACA

There is a Caribbean beverage, malta, made by the Goya Company and
widely available in North American grocery stores. Would SEELANGS
readers agree with our impression that it tastes very similar to Russian
kvas? If anyone is afflicted by beskvas'e, this might be a worthy
substitute.
--
Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics Department of Linguistics
Morrill Hall 220, Cornell University Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
fax 607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu