pan-Slavic "na"-words

Steven Clancy sclancy at UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Jun 14 12:21:56 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGS readers,

Does anyone know of any good resources, articles, lists, etc. for
lexical items for locations/destinations that take "na" vs. those
that take "v", "do", etc. in individual Slavic languages? I'm
interested in comparing "na"-words across Slavic as part of a study
I'm doing in MOTION-LOCATION-SOURCE prepositions in pan-Slavic
perspective. We have good lists of "na"-words for Russian and Czech
in The Case Book for Russian and The Case Book for Czech (Janda and
Clancy), but I'd like to put together similar lists for the other
Slavic languages and any recommendations you may have would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steven

Steven Clancy
Senior Lecturer in Russian, Slavic, and 2nd-Language Acquisition
Academic Director, University of Chicago Center for the Study of
Languages
Director, Slavic Language Program

University of Chicago
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures