Famous Western Translators and translation schools

Lena nem at ONLINE.DEBRYANSK.RU
Thu Jun 14 13:40:49 UTC 2007

Dear all!

I am now working at my lectures on translation adding new data
(for the translation theory course).
I would like to make one part of that devoted to modern Western
translation and translators.
I would be very thankful if you could advise me famous names
and institutions.I am afraid the information I have is somewhat limited to what I found in journals, Net,
conferences. And I would like to do it really thouroughly - this
course usualy includes a part devoted to the Russian - Soviet
translators and all the famous ones from last centuries.

Thank you much!

Sincerely,

Nikolaenko Elena