Internet visas

Nicole Monnier monniern at MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Jun 14 20:13:28 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGTSY!

MANY thanks for the 20+ responses regarding the
vaguely-unsavory-but-otherwise-viable world of online Russian invitation +v
isa services. I've taken the plunge and hope to be able to report back
successfully on my adventures, or lack thereof (tfu, tfu!).

But this whole issue begs the question (if I'm using that phrase correctly):
why the heck doesn't Russia just drop the whole visa requirement thing, if
only for reasons of tourism, if not sanity?

That's a rhetorical cry of the soul; I don't really expect any answers . . .

Gratefully,

Nicole

Dr. Nicole Monnier
Assistant Professor of Instruction
Director of Undergraduate Studies (Russian)
German & Russian Studies
415 GCB
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211