Translation question clarification

Elena Gapova e.gapova at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Mon Jun 18 20:53:06 UTC 2007

Dear all,

thank you for your suggestions and an interesting discussion. The story is
this.

As you might remember, in 2004 the Belarusian government closed European
Humanities University in Minsk, because it "had a wrong teaching agenda" and
insisted on academic freedoms ets. The closing was brutal (we were told to
vacate the premises from our "belongings", including the library, which is a
donation from the Americam, French and German governments, in two weeks
time) and absoluetly political. The story was covered in NYT and the
Chronicle of Higher Education, among other media.

EHU "resurrected" in Vilnius as a university-in-exile, with support from the
EU and several American Foundations (MacArthur, Carnegie etc.) and with
transferrable credits recognized in Europe. Recently, several articles were
published in Belarusian government newspapers reading that EHU is a
political organization and that students do nothing else but drink and
conspire against the government. The timing is clear, as in July and August
many school graduates make a decision where to go to college.
I believe, the EHU admanistration is interested in disseminating a kind of
"oproverzhenie", hence my question.

e.g.