post or contra Tolstoy?

Jane Costlow jcostlow at BATES.EDU
Tue May 8 19:44:30 UTC 2007

Michael,

Thanks for these suggestions - very helpful.  My posting has turned up
lots of interesting responses, some of which I'd thought about, but many
were unexpected.  Much of this will have to wait for the next iteration
of the course.  Thanks in particular for the tip on the TSJ interview
with Paul Schick - my students are watching that film next week in
connection with the story.

Best,

Jane