New idiocy in student visa procedures

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Fri May 18 02:53:02 UTC 2007

New idiocy covers not only students but tourists as well, which means
anyone on this list who travels to Russia on non-Russian passport:
http://travel.mail.ru/news/38738/

This is particularly cute during the year of the Russian language:
http://www.rusintercenter.ru/?lang=ru&menu=117

Головотяпство со взломом.

On May 17, 2007, at 10:35 PM, Renee Stillings wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I thought you might like to know what the current situation is with
> student
> visas to Russia as you are likely to have students affected by
> this, and if
> you are running your own programs you should be aware as well.

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University
4400 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington DC. 20016