Ukrainian Foodways on line

nataliek at UALBERTA.CA nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Sat May 19 22:40:47 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGS colleagues,

Just wanted to let you know that we have added a new section to the
Ukrainian Traditional Folklore webpage.  We filmed a master baker
making what she called paskhy for Provody, the commemoration of the
dead that is held in the cemetery after Easter.  We have a short text,
some still photos and a 7 minute video which highlights the steps of
the baking process.  You can find all this material by going to
http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/uvp/.  Go under Canadian Folklore and you
will see a section on traditional food.  So far Anne Mayko and her
baking is the only unit there.

Natalie Kononenko
Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography
University of Alberta