Fathers and Sons Norton Critical Edition

Kenneth Brostrom ad5537 at WAYNE.EDU
Tue May 22 17:35:59 UTC 2007

Dear Prof. Katz,

Some years ago I did a rather long article on this novel that was
included in a special volume on Turgenev by Canadian-American Slavic
Studies. It attempts a detailed examination of Bazarov's thought
patterns and motivations.  I received some reassuringly positive
look it over, I will be happy to save you some time by mailing a
photocopy to you.

"The Journey as Solitary Confinement in Fathers and Children,
Canadian-American Slavic Studies, 17, no. 1 (1983), 13-38.

Best wishes,
Ken Brostrom

>Dear Colleagues:
>
>First let me express my thanks to all those who sent me comments and
>suggestions for my revised Norton Critical Edition of Tolstoy's Short
>Fiction. I really appreciate your nominations for new Tolstoy texts to be
>included, as well as titles of new articles for the Critical Apparatus. I
>hope that you will be pleased with the result when it is published next
>year.
>
>Now I am setting to work on a revised edition of my Norton Critical Edition
>of Turgenev's Fathers and Sons. Once again, I turn to you for suggestions --
>this time only for the Critical Apparatus, since the text remains the same.
>
>Please send me off-line any thoughts you have for articles or book chapters
>that you think should be considered, including your own work.
>
>With continued thanks and best wishes,
>
>Michael Katz
>Middlebury College

Kenneth Brostrom, Assoc. Prof. of Russian
Dept. of German and Slavic Studies
443 Manoogian Hall
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI 48202