a song translation (silent night)

Valery Belyanin vbelyanin at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 12 16:47:06 UTC 2007

I have receiverd a lettel
I have not met these verses in Russian.
from Tiffany Vergato <tvergato at verizon.net> hide details 5:05 pm (5 minutes
ago)
to psyling at mail.ru   date Nov 12, 2007 5:05 PM
subject Can you please help with a song translation?
Hello,
My name is Tiffany Vergato and I am a music teacher at a small school in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
Every year, we do the song "Silent Night" in a different language, and this
year, we want to do it in Russian.
I have looked on the internet and found several translations, (all
different) and have been studying the pronunciation guides, but I want to
get it right.
Is there a way that you can give me an accurate translation? I understand
that most translations are not word-for-word; I just want it to be
authentic. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!
The lyrics are:

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
'Round yon virgin, mother and child,