to google

Moshe Taube mstaube at MSCC.HUJI.AC.IL
Sat Nov 17 22:54:36 UTC 2007

In the latest newcomer to SEELANGS, Modern Hebrew (which according to
Paul Wexler is a Slavic language, cf. http://www.tau.ac.il/humanities/
yedion/03-04/syllabi/single_syllabi/06273138.html ) we do it the old
fashioned Semitic way: we extract the consonantal root, G, G, L, and
then conjugate it in the pi'el formation, hence gigalti, gigalta,
gigalt, megagelim, legagel etc.

Cheers,
Moshe Taube

On Nov 17, 2007, at 11:37 PM, Olga Meerson wrote:

> In the pair gugl'nut'/guglit', the stress is on the last syllable.
> In the pair proguglit'/guglit', on the first of the stem (-U-).

Professor Moshe Taube
Tamara and Saveli Grinberg Chair in Russian Studies
Dept. of Linguistics / Dept. of Russian and Slavic Studies
Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Mt. Scopus 91905 ISRAEL
email: mstaube at mscc.huji.ac.il
tel. 972-2-5883835 (w.)
tel. 972-2-6513819 (h.)