Baklava

Alexandra Ioannidou alerosa at HOL.GR
Tue Nov 20 09:14:39 UTC 2007

Dear Genevra, although I am a Greek I have to admit that this wonderful
desert is definitely Turkish! Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Genevra Gerhart
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:56 AM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Baklava

Over fifty years ago, my Russian landlady in Paris served me a dessert which
she said was very popular and came from the eastern Mediterranean.
Table discussion tonight  was whether baklava or pakhlava was from Greece,
Turkey, Azerbaidzhan, etc.  None of my dictionaries was any help whatsoever.
Help!
Genevra Gerhart

ggerhart at comcast.net

www.genevragerhart.com