SCLC-2008 with ECLA in Tartu, Estonia, May 29-June 1

Steven Clancy sclancy at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Oct 26 04:16:16 UTC 2007

Dear SEELANGS,

We are officially announcing the call for papers for SCLC-2008 in
Tartu, Estonia. The deadline for submission of abstracts is January
15, 2008.

If you have any questions about the conference, abstract submissions,
etc., please do not hesitate to contact Steven Clancy
<sclancy at uchicago.edu>. We are looking forward to seeing you in Tartu
at the end of May!

Thank you,

Steven Clancy			Tore Nesset
President, SCLA			Vice-President, SCLA

on behalf of the SCLC-2008 organizing committee

THE 2008 SLAVIC COGNITIVE LINGUISTICS CONFERENCE (SCLC-2008)
May 29, 2008

The Slavic Cognitive Linguistics Association (SCLA) announces the
call for papers for the SCLC-2008 annual conference. We are very
pleased to hold SCLC-2008 in conjunction with the Cognitive and
Functional Perspectives on Dynamic Tendencies in Languages conference
of the Estonian Cognitive Linguistics Association (ECLA) in Tartu,
Estonia (May 29-June 1, 2008). For more information on the ECLA
conference, the venue, plenary lecturers, etc., please see the ECLA
website:
	http://www.fl.ut.ee/kttdk/ecla

We plan to run either a single session or parallel sessions
(depending on the number of submissions) for the full day of May 29,
2008. The ECLA conference will hold a reception that evening and
start in earnest on May 30. Since our SCLA panels will run entirely
on May 29, you will be free to fully enjoy the ECLA conference and
it's wonderful group of keynote speakers (Bernd Heine, Ronald
Langacker, Ewa Dabrowska, and Martin Haspelmath).

CALL FOR PAPERS
Abstracts are invited for presentations addressing issues of
significance for cognitive linguistics with some bearing on data from
the Slavic languages. As long as there is a cognitive orientation,
papers may be in any of the traditional areas of synchronic or
diachronic phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics,
discourse analysis or sociolinguistics.

Presentations may be in the native language of the presenter;
however, if the presentation is not to be made in English we ask that
you provide the abstract in English in addition to an abstract in any
other language.

Abstracts may be submitted up until the deadline of January 15, 2008
to Steven Clancy <sclancy at uchicago.edu>. Abstracts should be 500-750
words, but strict word limits are not required. Notification of
acceptance will be provided by February 15, 2008.

We hope you will be able to join us for SCLC-2008. Please forward
this call for papers to your colleagues and graduate students who may
be interested in presenting or attending.

Sincerely,