MA in REECAS at University of Wisconsin

Jennifer Tishler jtishler at WISC.EDU
Fri Oct 26 14:48:18 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues:

The Center for Russia, East Europe, and Central Asia (CREECA) invites
applications for its Master of Arts program in Russian, East European,
and Central Asian Studies for fall 2008. Our two-year program provides
interdisciplinary area studies training for students interested in the
cultural, economic, social, and historical factors that have shaped the
development of societies in Russia, East Europe, and Central Asia.
Combining language study, broad interdisciplinary training, and
knowledge of the methodological approaches in a given academic social
science or humanities discipline, our program is ideal for students
interested in pursuing professional careers in business, journalism, and
law and for students planning further graduate study. Our students
benefit from a varied program of lectures, conferences, and seminars
with national and international experts. The members of our faculty are
outstanding teachers and scholars. Every year applicants to our program
are competitive for U.S. Department of Education Foreign Language and
Area Studies (FLAS) fellowships. US citizens and permanent residents are
eligible to apply for the FLAS; more information about the application
may be found here:
http://www.intl-institute.wisc.edu/fellow/

Please share this information with students who might be interested in
our Master of Arts program. Prospective students should visit our Web
site to learn more about the program and to see the application
requirements. The application is available as a fillable form, in
Portable Document Format (PDF). The deadline to apply is January 1, 2008
(postmarked):
http://www.creeca.wisc.edu/students/grad/ma.html

Thank you for sharing this information with your students. I will be
happy to answer any questions you or your students might have about our
program. Please address questions to assocdir at creeca.wisc.edu.

Best regards,
Jennifer
---
Jennifer Ryan Tishler
Associate Director
Center for Russia, East Europe, and Central Asia (CREECA)
210 Ingraham Hall, 1155 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI 53706
tel. 608-262-3379
fax. 608-890-0267
http://www.creeca.wisc.edu