Russian Interference in Kazakh Speech

Shafiqa Aslam shafiqaaslam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 5 00:46:38 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing some research on the Russian language in Kazakhstan and
I was wondering if anyone had any information on Russian interference in
Kazakh speech of Kazakhstanis. I am also trying to get hold of the following
book which I think may have the relevant chapter in it:

Šajbakova, D. D.: Russian Language in Kazakhstan: Yesterday, Today,
Tomorrow, Almaty 2005

I know it is available in Almaty, but at the moment I am in England. If
anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Shafiqa