Pushkin, Vyazemsky, religion

FRISON Philippe Philippe.FRISON at COE.INT
Wed Aug 13 10:13:39 UTC 2008

 Hello,

Here is, I think, the Russian original:
С другой  стороны,  Пушкин  постоянно  и  настойчиво  указывал  мне  на
недостаточное мое знакомство с текстами  священного  писания  и  убедительно
настаивал на чтении книг Ветхого и Нового завета.
http://az.lib.ru/w/weresaew_w_w/text_0130.shtml

Philippe

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Robert Chandler
Sent: mercredi 13 août 2008 11:54
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Pushkin, Vyazemsky, religion

Dear all,

I have seen this remark of Vyazemsky¹s quoted in English, without a
reference:

ŒPushkin continually and stubbornly pointed the finger at me for my
insufficient knowledge of sacred writings and earnestly insisted on reading
the books of the Old and New Testaments.²

Can anyone give me a page reference?

I¹d also be grateful if anyone can point me towards anything authoritative
about Pushkin¹s religious beliefs (if any) during his last years.

Vsego dobrogo,

Robert